Before creating any condition, it is very important to generate all ad sizes you need. Check this article to know how to generate sizes. Once you set up a condition, it is not possible to add extra sizes. Find below some important information about dynamic rules and conditions:
- It is possible to add up to 20 conditions to a set.
- A condition can consist of up to 10 rules.
- A condition can’t have the same rule added twice.
- A minimum of 1 line item needs to be affected by the condition in order to save the condition.
- A condition can’t affect the total line items of your feed. E.g. If your feed contains 500 line items, a condition must affect up to 499 line items.
Some examples of common used conditions are:
- If "sale_price" "exists"
- If "discount" ">20%"
Follow the steps below to create dynamic rules and conditions:
- In the toolbar, click on "Default" and click on "Add condition".
- You now see an important message. Before creating your first condition, make sure your set contains all the sizes you will need and that they have been generated. Once a rule is created, it is not possible to add new sizes to your set. Click on "Yes, I'm done" if your set is ready.
- Add a name to your condition.
- Select an attribute from your feed. For example, "sale_price".
We will choose "sale_price" because we want to create a specific ad layout for products that are on sale.
- Select the operation you want. For example "exists".
We will choose "exists" because we want to create a specific ad layout for products that contain a "sale_price" in our feed.
Depending on the operation you select, you need to enter a value: number, word(s), letter(s)...
- Click on the “+” icon to select “AND” or “OR” if you want to add another rule to your condition.
We will choose "and" because we want to create a specific ad layout for products that contain a "sale_price" in our feed and whose discount is higher than 20%.
- Fill in the fields of the second rule.
We will choose "custom_label_1" because that is the attribute in our feed that contains the discount amount of the products. We select the operation "is more than" and fill the value "20" to create the specific ad layout.
- Check how many line items will be affected by the condition. A minimum of 1 line item needs to be affected by the condition in order to save the condition. A condition can’t affect the total line items of your feed. E.g. if your feed contains 500 line items, a condition must affect up to 499 line items.
- When you are ready with setting up your rules and conditions, click on "Save condition".
That's it! This is how you can set up rules and conditions to your dynamic ads. If you want to add multiple conditions, simply follow this article from the beginning once again. Check out this article to create new ad layouts based on the dynamic conditions.
If you want to know more about this feature and are interested in using it, schedule a meeting with our Customer Success Manager. We will provide you with the next steps and all you need to know.