Custom dynamic product ads created in Bannerwise only work with Facebook Product Catalogs that have selected “E-commerce” as their business type. To learn how to set up a Facebook Product Catalog, read this article.
Before continuing, make sure you have the following:
- Facebook business account
- Facebook pixel
- Product feed (Google Merchant/Retail) To know more about the setup and specifications of the feed, take a look at our help center article
Follow the steps to upload your Dynamic Facebook Feed in Bannerwise:
- Get the feed URL from your Google Merchant Center account, Content Management Systems or Feed Management Platforms.
- Click on "Configurations" and "Dynamic" in the hub.
- Click on "Add Feed".
- Add a "Feed name" and Select "Facebook" from the Network dropdown.
- Click on "Add Feed".
- Enter the feed URL. The specifications of these feeds are based on Google Ads Retail specifications, which is why we only allow XML or CSV files hosted via URLs.
- Select the client you want to add this feed to.
- Click on "Add feed"
It is time to map your feed! By mapping your feed, you are connecting your feed attributes to the correct element types in Bannerwise. Each reference has to be labeled as an element type or marked as ‘Do not import’.
When mapping your feed, please keep these rules in mind:
- Mapping your elements as an image means that it will display the source of the image set in your feed.
- Mapping your elements as a text or button will display it as text.
- Click areas are used to make your ad clickable. Always map your destination URL as a click area.
- Mapping an element incorrectly will require you to remap your feed. Check out the troubleshooting section of this guide for more information.
- Elements that are not used for a visual representation like ids or reporting labels do not need to be mapped.
You will not be required to import a link or final URL into Bannerwise but it is still required to be a part of your feed if you wish to use it in Facebook.
- Click “Done” You have now uploaded a Facebook feed!
You are now ready to start building your custom dynamic Facebook product ads!
We hope the information in this article was useful. If there is anything else we can help you with, and you couldn't find it in our help center, don't hesitate to contact us by chat.
- How to create a Product Catalog in your Facebook Business account?
- How to preview Dynamic Product Ads for Facebook?
- How to export a Dynamic Product Ad for Facebook?
- How does Facebook synchronize with the Bannerwise DPA feed?
- How to update the design of my Dynamic Product Ads for Facebook?
- How to convert a Facebook DPA spreadsheet into a .csv URL?