A Facebook Product Catalog holds information about the items that can be found in your inventory. The information found in your catalog can be used to deliver dynamic ads to people who have searched or looked at items online.
Before starting, make sure you have the following:
- Facebook business account
- Facebook pixel
- Product feed (Google Merchant/Retail) To know more about the setup and specifications of feed, take a look at our help center article.
Follow the steps below to create a catalog and upload the DPA Bannerwise generated for you:
- Go to the Catalogue Manager on your Facebook Business Page.
- Click on "Create Catalog".
- Click on “E-commerce” and click on "Next".
- Select "Upload Product Info" and add a name to your catalog. Click then on "Create".
- Click on "View Catalogue".
- Click on “Catalogue”, click on "Items" on the left menu and click on "Add Items".
- Select "Use Bulk Upload" and click on "Next".
- Select "Scheduled feed" and click on "Next".
- Enter the feed URL generated by Bannerwise and click on "Next".
- Click on "Daily" as option to update your inventory and click on "Next". We advise a daily schedule, at around 03:00 AM GMT+1, since we sync around 02:00 AM GMT+1. To know more about how Bannerwise synchronizes with your Facebook DPA, check out this article.
- Enter the default currency for your catalog. In our case, "Euro" and click on "Upload".
Facebook will start uploading your DPA and give you an overview of the catalog and the DPA.
This is it! From this point on you can create campaigns on Facebook using your custom dynamic product ads in this catalog.
We hope the information in this article was useful. If there is anything else we can help you with, and you couldn't find it in our help center, don't hesitate to contact us by chat.