This article will cover the upload of .CSV files for all feed types excluding retail feeds. If you want to learn more about how to upload the retail feed for Adwords, take a look at this article covering linking your merchant center account to your Google Ads account.
If you have not done so already, you will have to upload your feed into your Google Ads account.
Google supports two file types for uploading feeds. Retail feeds have to be uploaded as an XML CSV, or TXT file via a Google merchant center account or can either be added as an automated feed syncing XML link. Other feed types (Custom, Education, Flight, Hotel, Rental, Jobs, Local deals, Real estate property, and Travel) have to be uploaded as a .CSV file in your Google Ads account. To learn more about different business types supported by Google, take a look at this article.
- Click the tools icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Under the section labeled “Setup” click Business data.
- From the Page menu on the left click Data feeds.
- Click the plus button and select "Responsive ad feed," and then select your business type.
- If you'd like to use a template feed, select “View templates” to download a template .CSV file.
- Click Choose file and attach your feed file.
- Click Apply.
- Check your feed for any errors after you've uploaded it. Image or address errors may not show up for 3-4 hours.
In case you have trouble understanding or following one or more of the steps outlined in this article, feel free to reach out to our support team via the Bannerwise chat or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.