Here are the answers to common questions about Custom Dynamic Ads for Google Ads. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us via the chat!
1. What attributes can I use in my dynamic ad?
The attributes you can use in your display ad are determined by Google and may vary between business types. This Google resource describes the attributes supported for your business type.
2. Do you have example feeds I could use?
Yes, we do. In case you don't have your own feed ready, you can use one of our feed templates that can be found here.
3. What languages are supported in the feed?
The content of the feed can be in any language using Latin script. The names of your attributes have to be in English.
4. Do feeds support special characters? (e.g. ñ)?
Yes, but only special characters coded as UTF-8. Here is a list of special characters and their corresponding codes.
5. Is there a limit to the number of lines in my feed?
There is no limit to the number of lines in your feed.
6. Can I use a custom font in my dynamic ads?
Yes you can. However, it is important to consider the file size of your ads. When using a custom font you run the risk of exceeding the maximum file size of 150kb for your dynamic ads. Dynamic ads embed all characters of the font, because the feed content is likely to contain all characters. This results in a larger file size.
7. How can I preview my dynamic ads after export?
Unlike previewing regular ads, dynamic ads can not be previewed locally after export. Check out our article covering how to preview dynamic ads after export to learn more.
8. Will there be a difference between how pricing is displayed in Bannerwise and Google Ads?
Price attributes in your feed should include a currency code (e.g. USD or EUR) to reference the price in a specific currency. In Bannerwise, any price elements that include a currency code will also display this code as text. When uploaded to Google Ads, this currency code will turn into a currency symbol. For example, when you see 19.99USD in Bannerwise, you will see $19.99 in Google Ads.
9. Will my dynamic ads still work after my feed data is updated?
Yes, your feed can be updated manually or automatically depending on what business type you've selected while adding it to Google Ads. This does not apply to any changes you make to feed attributes.
10. Will my feed attributes be automatically updated in Bannerwise?
No, when you add a feed in Bannerwise the system takes a snapshot of all your attributes and the first 10 line items in the feed and saves them into the database. The system uses line items to link elements. Since your feed is not hosted on our server, you will need to walk through all steps of this guide again. For more information, have a look at this article.
11. Where can I find help to create my own feed?
CONTENT OF THIS GUIDE:
For Retail business type:
For Non-Retail business types:
For all business types: