In order to publish in-banner video on the Google Display Network (GDN) via Google Ads, please follow the steps below:
- Click on “Manage” in the hub and click on “Ads”
- Click on “Publish” on the right of the ad set you want to publish
- Click on “Google Ads” from the dropdown menu and click on "Continue".
- Click on the “Get tags”.
- Select the ad sizes you want to publish and click on “Get 3rd Party Tags” - 3rd party tags are small pieces of code that load in an ad that is served on the Ad Server.
After generating the ads the browser will download an excel sheet with the following columns.
- Campaign Name: Needs to be exactly the same as in your Google Ads account
- Ad Group Name: Needs to be exactly the same as in your Google Ads account.
- Placement Name: Is the name of the actual ad in your Ad Group. Keep in mind that you cannot have the same Placement Name more than once.
- Tag: The Tag cell is already filled in by Bannerwise and contains the 3rd party tag Google Ads needs to display your in-banner video, while your campaign is running.
All in-banner video tags are validated by the Google Ads 3PAS team before they are available in your Ad Group. This process most of the time takes up to 24 hours. To make sure your tags pass the validation, you can check them first here and fix any issues that might appear.
In order to request your in-banner video ads to be validated you have to submit one of the forms listed below and include the generated excel sheet.
Keep in mind that Google Ads has a strict policy regarding in-banner video ads. Your account must have a reasonable ad spent history for the ads to be accepted and added to your account.
We hope the information above solved your question. If there is anything else we can help you with, and you couldn't find it in our help center, don't hesitate to contact us by chat. We are always ready to help you.