Read below what to check to troubleshoot this issue and avoid from happening again.
1. Is your feed fully processed by Google?
This process might take up to 3 business days after connecting your data feed with Google Ads. If you want to check if your feed has been processed correctly follow the steps below:
If your feed is Retail business type:
- Go to your Google Merchant Center account.
- On the left menu click on “Feeds” and click on the name of your feed.
- Under “Processing” tab, you can see the status of the feed. If the feed has been fully processed, you will see “Done” in green letters.
If your feed is NOT Retail business type:
- Go to your Google Ads account and select a campaign.
- In the toolbar, click on "Tools & Settings" and click on "Business data".
- On the left menu, click on "Upload history". You now see all the files you uploaded and the status of each of them. Verify that the one you want to use is "Finished successfully".
2. Are there any broken links in your feed?
Check your feed and make sure all links work. Make sure that there are no broken links in your feed. This is extra important for attributes that contain image and destination URLs.
3. Is the campaign linked to the correct feed?
- Go to your Google Ads account and select the campaign where you have uploaded your ads.
- In the left menu, click on “Settings”. Scroll down and click on “Additional settings”.
- You can now see “Dynamic ads”. Click on it.
- The feed showing is the one linked to the specific campaign. Make sure that is the one you need. If you need to change the feed, simply click on the drop down menu and choose the feed you want.
- Click on “Save” after the changes.
- Go back to the uploaded ad in Google and preview it. The dynamic elements should be showing now.
4. Are the data attributes in your feed set up in English?
At this moment Bannerwise only supports English data feeds for Google Ads. If your feed attributes are in any other language, it won’t work. Make sure that the attributes used in your ad are supported by Google Ads.
We hope the information in this article was useful to achieve your goal. If there is anything else we can help you with and you couldn't find it in our help center, don't hesitate to contact us by chat. We are always ready to help you.