This article gathers some best practises that will bring your in-banner videos ads to the next level.
Keep in mind that all elements will support the video and vice versa, so you
don’t need to go overboard with copy and other elements. The example below
is a good example of a clear but effective in-banner video ad. It has an overlay,
which dims the video and enhances the contrast between the video and the rest
of the content. It’s attractive, but also not "too much".
Here are a few of our best practices for creating in-banner videos:
- Keep it short. The IAB recommends all autoplay in-banner videos should last max. 15 seconds. So get your branding in right away and get to the point within seconds.
- Keep it simple. Video already attracts a lot of attention, you don’t need to go overboard with a lot of animations too.
- Try not to annoy your audience. Auto-mute your video and let viewers decide to play it instead. Do you need voice to get your message across? Use captions as support.
- In-banner video ads are great for branding purposes. If you are a brand, always make sure your logo is clearly visible during the entire video.
- Viewability is what counts, so don’t make your video ads overly heavy. The recommended maximum file size here is 2.2 MB. When you build your in-banner video ads with Bannerwise, the file size is automatically limited.
If you want to know more about this feature and are interested in using videos in your ads, schedule a meeting with our Customer Success Manager. We will provide you with the next steps and all you need to know.