DISCLAIMER: Custom dynamic product ads created in Bannerwise will only work with Facebook Product Catalogs that have selected the “E-commerce” as their business type.
A Facebook product catalog holds information about the items that can be found in your inventory. The information found in your catalog can be used to deliver dynamic ads to people who have searched or looked at items online. You are able to create multiple different product catalogs for different use cases, languages, or countries. Below you will find a step-by-step guide for creating your very own product catalog.
To get started, you will need a Facebook business account, a Facebook pixel and a
product feed (Google Merchant/Retail). If you would like to learn more about the setup and format of the required Google Merchant Center retail feed, take a look at our help center article covering this in detail.
1.Go to the Catalogue Manager for your Facebook Business Page.
2.Create a new catalog. In this catalog, you will add your products. Select the category “E-commerce”, since we are working with a retail feed.
3. Click “Next” and fill out the name and set the owner of the catalog.
4. Click “Next” and proceed by selecting Product Data Sources in the left menu.
5. Click the “add products” button on the top right corner of the screen.
6. After you’ve completed that step, click “Use Data Feeds” and click Next.
7. Choose “Set a schedule”. We advise a daily schedule, at around 07:00 AM GMT+1, since we sync around 06:00 AM GMT+1.
8. Add the feed URL you obtained from Bannerwise.
9. Enter the name of your Data feed.
10. Enter the default currency for your catalog. In our case, this is Euro.
11. Click “Start upload”. From this point on you can create campaigns in Facebook using your custom dynamic product ads in this catalog. For more information about this, check this guide.
If you didn't find what you are looking for in this article or you are in need of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via the support chat.